The rules governing Video Poker games could not be simpler. If you've ever played Draw Poker before, you'll be into the swing of things immediately. Online Video Poker rules are basically as follows:
- Insert your money into the machine.
- Press the 'Deal' or ‘Draw' button
- After viewing your cards, pick which ones you wish to keep and then press the 'Hold' button underneath.
- Press the Deal/Draw button again.
- Continue this process for as long as it continues to be fun!
- When you've decided you're done, press the button - usually marked - 'Credit' or 'Cash Out'.
When playing Video Poker online, as well as in conventional land-based casinos, your winning hand combinations are as follows:
Jacks or Better: A pair only counts if it's Jacks or higher. Anything lower is not considered to be a winning hand.
Kings or Better: Again, Kings and higher. Anything lower is not considered a winning Video Poker hand.
Two Pair: 2 sets of pairs having the same card value.
Three of a Kind: 3 cards having the same value.
Four of a Kind: 4 cards having the same value.
Five of a Kind: 4 cards of the same value, in addition to a Wild Card.
Straight: 5 consecutive cards going by card value, but not of the same suit.
Flush: 5 non-consecutive cards having the same suit.
Straight Flush: 5 consecutive cards, all having the same suit.
Royal Flush: 5 consecutive cards, all having the same suit, the 1st card being 10 and the last card being an Ace.
Wild Royal Flush: Identical to a Royal Flush, but containing a Wild Card.